Saturday, August 6, 2011

Recent finds

Eyeshadow:
So I have purchased these two Maybelline eye studio monos in Sliken Taupe & Iced Fudged. I really like the finish they give.
So Silken Taupe is my fav out of the two, the colour is a nice light, creamy tone with a hint of grey. When applied on it looks very natural, and it can be used as a effortless all over the lid colour on a lazy day. Is more of a satin finish but when on the eyes it looks almost matte.
I have been using Iced fudged on my outer V along with the Silken taupe. This has more sparkle pieces but when blended out the sparkles are not so visible. This product dose have a little fall out (nothing that cant be managed). When applied on it looks like a purplish brown.

Lip Tints:
I think I have purchased all of the lip tints Tony Moly has to offer.
I purchased the Cherry lip tint, milky pink tint, and magic lip tint. I will be uploading an in-depth review video soon, so keep an eye out on my channel.

This is the cherry lip tint (in sample size). And in the pic is a classic Korean gradient lip, I have demonstrated how to achieve it in my Sweet Cherry blossom video. This is my least fav out of the 3 because is the most drying one. It gives a very rosy, almost vampy red. Is best used under a lip conditioner or lip gloss.
Tony Moly Milky Tint is one of my favs, it gives a very youthful pinky tone. The lasting power is around 3-4 hrs and it feels like your natural lips when applied (not drying at all). And this feels the best when applied on because it gives a creamy milky texture.
Tony Moly Magic tint is the most amazing one. I have purchased the green (grape) one. Basically the product turns into a pink tint when applied on the tips (its MAGIC). And I feel that it gives me a very mature shade on my lips (love it). This is the longest lasting one as well (6hrs+), even through eating or drinking. However its the most difficult to remove.

Blushes:
Really wasn't impressed with the blushes I purchased so here it goes.


Shiseido majolica majorica puff de cheek blush OR302. When I ordered this, I thought maybe orange will look nice on me and also there is a huge hype on orange products (lip shades, blushes, eye colour). Well I was kinda wrong, orange looks OKAY on me (i will give it 5/10). I cant pack alot of this product because its soo orangie, so I use a lighter hand. The pigmentation is pretty good but i feel the lasting power is not great. I guess the packaging really got me.

Mac blush in Buff. I can only say BRONZER MUCH??? I can only see my self using this as a bronzer. I dont really like the shade, the undertone makes me look sick (like very yellow). Over all *dislike*.

I have purchased other things, but haven't had time to try them to give a review or thoughts.

And Please Visit my Channel and subscribe (because your awesome!).

Until next time, stay beautiful!
X
Link

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the taupe eyeshadow mono from Maybelline! Looks amazing. Is the pigmentation the same on your lids as in the pan??

    Can't wait to see your reviews on your lip tints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey darl,

    There is a swatch of the eyeshadows on my July fav's video on my channel. and the Lip tint review is already up. Thanks soo much for your comment!!!

    ReplyDelete