Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recent finds: Eyeshadow Edition

Eyeshadows, who can ever get enough of them. We always want to find different colors in different shades, tones, and effects.

My most recent finds are:
And out of this bunch, I only found one that is not so great.

Lets get started with the Rimmel mono eyeshadows. I have reviewed Tribute last time, and I have to say the two most recent ones (VIP & Live show) are great too.
(VIP, Live show, Tribute)
VIP is a Beige shimmery shadow there is great for inner half of the eye. Its has good pigmentation, it dose not crease or smudge. Only downside is, it has a bit of fall out when a shadow brush is dipped into it.
Compared to the Lo'real infailible in hourglass beige, VIP is darker and it has more fall out.
(Hourglass Beige, VIP)
The packaging of the Rimmel shadows are not very durable and I feel that if I were to drop one, it would break.
Live show is a metallic green when swatched but on the eye is a flattering green.The pigmentation is great, once again there is a bit of fall out. Over all its a great colour for the outer corners.
The three Rimmel shadows are very good quality, bendable, can be used wet or dry and pretty long lasting. Saying that i probably wont buy them again A. because they are discontinued. B. I believe there are other eye shadows in the market to experiment.

I just opened by Nude by nature mineral shadow in No.2 contour. The color reminds of my Chocolate, a straight brown. Its really bendable and it creates a great base for darker smoky colors. The down-side is shaking your product out of 3 lil holes can be hard to control at times.
(No.2 Contour)

The Max factor Masterpiece colour precision eyeshadow are my favorite, they are so good that I'm getting 5 of the 6 shades. I currently have Coffee and star dust.

These shadows are a lazy girls dream. They look great on the eye (even individually), super easy to blend and they don't crease through out the day. The colours are very true and they can definitely be layered. What more can you ask for? Its going to be my fav shadow for a while!
(Stardust & Coffee)
The last one is the Lor'eal Infailible shadow in Eternal black. This shadows was a definite miss for me because its not very pigmented and the glitter specs fall off as soon as you apply it. It hardly have any lasting power. I use it now as a setting powder.

For the mean time, Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment